Monday, February 7, 2011

Some time to myself!!

I've got a wonderful mother-in-law.  Yep, she's totally awesome.  Keith had tickets to go to the Big Game at Bayside.  While he was gone, she asked if she could watch the girls.  My girls loving being with their grandmomma so, of course she could watch the girls.  Afterall, I need a little time to myself every once in a while.  As a family, Keith, the girls and I do everything together.  It's rare that if you see one of us, the other isn't far behind.  Anyway, so this Saturday, I got the chance to be totally by myself.  I had intended on cleaning house, but.....that didn't happen.  So...what'd I do...we'll here you go!


The card above was made using Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstock.   I'm totally in love with Crumb Cake and I would probably say that it's one cardstock that I'm constantly re-ordering.  It's just my favorite.  And....those little pearls!!!  I love 'em!


See even on the card above, I had to sneek some Crumb Cake cardstock and seam binding.  Just love it!  The colors that I used on this card includes Marina Mist and Chocolate Chip.  Oh, and there's those pearls again.  The stamp set for this card and the first card is called Thoughts and Prayers.  It's one of those stamp sets that you really need for more serious type of cards.  Works great for a sympathy card or for someone that's having problems and in need of prayer. 

 I know it's really hard to tell, but that's Night of Navy with Crumb Cake.  The blue cardstock really looks more like Brilliant Blue but I think it's the flash on my camera.  Even though this card is just one layer, look at what all is going on in this card.  Every amount of space is used.  It really looks pretty busy.  The ribbon is Chocolate Chip and I used the oval scallop punch along with the larger scallop punch.  And...hidden in there, you can see some Night of Navy brads.  Can you find 'em?


This is the last card I made for the night using Crumb Cake.  See the difference my flash made in the Night of Navy on this card and the one above?  It's amazing how a flash just totally changes the color.  Same room, same table, same camera,  etc.  What do you think about those tiles?  I simply scored the cardstock every 1/2 inch vertically and horizontally and then ran my brayer over it inked in Night of Navy.  Check out the last card on this post for a totally different look for tiles.  The stamp set that I used on this card is called Upsy Daisy. 


For this card (above) I was just totally in the mood to make me a few monogram cards.  Monogram cards are totally perfect for just a simple note card.  There's something so simple about this card.  I used, my Big Shot with the lattice embossing folder, my scalloped punch, Whisper White, Concord Crush (keep wanting to call it Concord Grapes) and Pear Pizzaz.  The stamp set I used is called Circle Circus.  It's one of my favorite stamp sets.

This card above is actually a very, very old card that I did using the tile technique.  I just simply scored the paper diagonally instead of horizonal and vertical.  The stamp set that I used is still available and it's called Inspired by Nature.  It makes me think of fall, doesn't it?  I used Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock.  For ink , I used Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss* (which is no longer available), Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa*, and Chocolate Chip. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this inspires me to make more cards!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Wow! What a collection of cards! So glad you got some time to stamp!

Cindy said...

Hooray for "you" time! Lovely cards, all of them!

Adriana Benitez said...

Hooray for you and grandmomma :) They are all great cards with ideas to case! I love the Crumb Cake and Whisper White combo with the pearls. Such a soft elegant look.

Heidi Baks said...

Your crumb cake card is beautiful! I love your monogram layering!!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow, you have been a busy little stamper! Beautiful sympathy cards. I really need to make a few of those to have on hand....hey, you want to host a Sympathy card swap, don't you ?! ;)

Mickey Roberts said...

Glad you were able to find some time to focus. The results are just awesome! Love the Crumb Cake card with the White and the Monogram card. So pretty!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great cards-all of them!! Especially love the first one!!

 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique using HollyAnn's Sorbet Garden kit.