Friday, February 25, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Birthday Techniques Blog Hop



Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Birthday Techniques Blog Hop!!!  We're celebrating Stampin' Addicts 2nd birthday.  If you haven't visited Stampin' Addicts, I hope you will.  I'm really excited to be a part of this event and I'm so glad you stopped by.  If you're following the links, you just left my friend Mary's blog "Scrap and Stamp with Mary".  Next you go visit Adriana's blog "Escape 2 Stamp".   At the bottom of this post, there are 2 buttons.  One button goes to the previous blog and the other button goes to the next blog.  I know you'll enjoy the rest of this swap just as much as I have.  Happy blog hopping!!

My technique is using the brayer.  Now, I have to tell you, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I chose this technique.  I have very, very little experience using the brayer and it was very challenging for me!!  Whew!!

This first card used the stamp set Elements of Style.  I used classic stamp pads Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black.  For the cardstock, I used Whisper White, Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise.



For this second card, I used the stamp set Lovely as a Tree.  I used Pink Piroutte, Pacific Point and Basic Black.  I used craft Whisper White stamp pad for the snow flakes, stamping the trees and the birthday sentiment.  Oh, the birthday sentiment came from the set Sincere Salutations.  Just to add a little color, I used Crumb Cake seam binding and pulled the ribbon to get the ripple effect.  And... lastly, I used irridescent ice to make the snow on the ground sparkle. I really hope you like this card!


This last card was the most time consuming card of the 3.  I'm really not sure where to start as to what I used.  I can tell you that I built this card from the bottom up.  So here goes!!

For the sand, I used classic Crumb Cake, for the water, I used classic Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.  For the sky, I used classic More Mustard, Pink Piroutte, and Pacific Point.  For the clouds, I used craft Whisper White.  I used the stamp set Inspired by Nature and Word Play.  I also touched up the card with a lot of gold Smooch.  The two punches were the scallop punches.  I only used 2 peices of cardstock which is Whisper White and More Mustard. 

It took me 2 attempts to get this card right and I'm still not 100% satisfied.  Still, I hope you like it!




27 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful stuff! You did a great job, and got lots of practice, right?

jengd said...

Coming from someone who's only used a brayer once, I think you did a BEAUTIFUL job!

Betty said...

Your efforts paid off on that last card. The many layers of color are awesome. I love the clouds!

Adriana Benitez said...

I would never know you haven't practiced a lot :)
Love the beach scene - LOVE it!!

Tanya Boser said...

Your beach card fascinates me! I really would love to be on a sunny beach right now... :)

Jen Timko said...

My goodness, I would never have known you weren't well practiced! I love, love, love the first card. It is just beautiful!

Yapha said...

Great cards! Your snow scene is just so gorgeous -- what winter SHOULD look like!

Lois said...

You may not be completely satisfied with your third card, but I would be THRILLED to receive one like it! Beautiful job - on all your cards, but especially the last! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Great job Chipper! Your last card is a real beauty! You go girl!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Fabulous projects Ellen!! What do you mean the brayer was challenging? You look like a pro!! Much better than me. Great job!

MaryR said...

Chipper these are GORGEOUS! I don't even know which one is my favorite - love the elements of style with the blues, but that winter scene is so pretty and crisp and the ribbon, but I do love the gold and your last card!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh Ellen, what lovely creations!

THe lighting effect on your hummingbird card is superb. But my hands down favorite is #3--it should be entitled Fireflies on the Beach at Dusk. . . .

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Ellen beautiful projects!! I love your last card very cool!!!

Carmen said...

Looks to me like you are a pro!! The snow card couldn't be more perfect!

Cindy said...

How clever to have a snow scene and a beach scene card - talk about opposites! You really made this technique shine. I especially love the dramatic colors in the beach scene, and the Gold Smooch spritz was the perfect touch!

Trina Caraway said...

Chipper, you did a wonderful job on all these! They are beautiful.

Amy said...

Chipper, your cards are BEAUTIFUL! wow! You did great!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Great job Ellen, and good on ya for trying something out of your comfort zone! You really did a wonderful job and I really love the last card!

Twila said...

Pretty stuff, Chipper! Gotta LOVE that last card it's a WOW for sure.

Barbara Welch said...

Ellen, very beautiful cards.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Your brayer work is awesome.

Kandi said...

Gorgeous cards Chipper!

Debra Burgin said...

Wow, Chipper, I am so impressed with the results for someone who claims to be such newbie with the brayer! I love the subtlety of the first card -- beautiful job!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

So gorgeous Chipper! Love them!

Auntie Em said...

WOW! I love this brayered technique and have been seeing a lot of it. I am going to give it a try.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Susan said...

all the cards are very pretty, but what and how did you do with the brayer?
Susan

Lisa Young said...

Wow! I never would have guessed this was a challenge for you because your cards are fantastic! The last one is amazing - I love it!

 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique using HollyAnn's Sorbet Garden kit.