Monday, February 21, 2011

2 of 3 Club Projects

For this month's club meeting, which is tonight, I have prepared 3 cards. 2 of the 3 club projects involve water-coloring with the newer crayons...I'm talking about the new crayons in the new color kit. 

There is definitely a feel for blender pens vs. aqua painters.  It's doesn't stop there because there is a different feel for whisper white card stock and water color cardstock.  Me, myself and I, well, I like the aqua painters the best.  Because the aqua painters tend to release more water, I prefer the water color cardstock.  I think it's totally up to your style!

In this first project, we used the blender pens and whisper white card stock.  The stamp set is Embrace Life.  The colors are Marina Mist and Pear Pizazz.  



The second project was created using the Under the Stars stamp set.  I also used water color cardstock and the aqua pens.  I used the new colors in the new color kit and I'm loving them!!!


7 comments:

Yapha said...

Great cards! The first one is gorgeous, and the second one is super cute! I love the watercolor wonder crayons, and prefer to use the aqua painters with them as well.

Adriana Benitez said...

Fun projects! I love that you are sharing two completely different looks using the same technique. (Versatility is GOOD!) Have fun!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

oooo, Ellen, I love your coloring style--that flower is so eyecatching!

Shelley said...

I think I need to come to your house for a watercoloring class! WOW! The flower is stunning and the bear is adorable!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

WOW. Great job watercoloring!

Heidi Baks said...

Love your ribbon treatment, and the bear in card 2 is always fun!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects for watercoloring! Love the cards!

 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique using HollyAnn's Sorbet Garden kit.