Thursday, January 27, 2011

Early Morning Projects

(January 22, 2011)

So, here are those early morning projects!  I think the ladies that came had a great time....  I hope.  When preparing for this event, I just grabbed 3 or 4 stamp pads, 3 colors of cardstock, 2 or 3 stamp sets and some older DSP.  It wasn't a formal event at all.  I even cut paper right in front of them as we chatted. The ladies requested 3 different techniques for them to show me.  Here we go...

1) Water Coloring.  I showed the ladies water coloring just by using the lid of the classic stamp pad and explained that refill inks could be used.  I explained the differences in the aqua painter vs. the blender pens.  We ended up using the Water Color Crayons and a combination of the blender pens and aqua painters.  I also explained why Stazon was needed instead of the classic stamp pad.  So...here's that card.  Now remember, the colors and stamp set was grabbed out of my basement.  The stamp set is an older stamp set.





2) Two Step Stamping.  We tried same colors that we used in the water color.  It has a totally different look.  For the stamp set, I grabbed Bud Blossoms from my basement and ran up the stairs.  We used the stamp-a-majig, but when all was said and done, we like visually placing the object the best.  So here's that project.


3. Dahlia fold.  Not even stamping related.  Just fun!  Now remember, this event was all about learning.  So....with that said, we all practiced 3 dahlia folds and simply placed them on a 3x3 card.




0 comments:

 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique using HollyAnn's Sorbet Garden kit.